Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

When Colours Talk

One of the advantages of reading posts by fellow bloggers is that you come to know a lot of things!! I came to know about this contest called "Capture the Colour", wherein you have to post photos that epitomize a particular colour, in Arti's blog. Maybe I should have waited till someone tagged me, but I fell in love with the idea so much that I took up the challenge straightaway!!

BLUE

This is inside the courtyard of Sarkhez ki Roza, Ahmedabad. If you note the time stamp, this snap was taken at the end of the day when the moon has just come into view. The sky is a serene blue, and the courtyard also seems to have taken up the tinge.

GREEN
We had witnessed Goa in a unique look when we visited in monsoons. We were enthralled by the lush green vegetation, fresh life coming up after the rains.. this snap is taken on a roadside hill on which surreal beauty overlooks the sea. Here you see quite a number of green forms: Grass, Shrubs, Wide and Tall trees. The ambience is quiet, cows graze on one side.. the experience is unforgettable.

YELLOW 
The mighty chandelier on the ceiling of a Durga Puja Pandal in Kolkata. It uses all CFL lights with a yellowish glow that saves energy and symbolizes Purity and Strength at the same time! 

WHITE
I had the maximum difficulty in choosing an image for this colour. I found white buildings, temples, statues, mighty waterfalls, frothing seas, snow capped mountains, etc but this is the photo where the white of the canvas ropes struck me against this dark background. It is such a simple, yet effective barrier - physical, but not visual, so flexible and light. This is a partition used in a restaurant in Kolkata. Can you make out the furniture on the other side?  

RED
A shot taken in a Durga Puja Pandal in Kolkata where the interior lighting is on a red theme. Goddess Durga also wears a red saree that brings Her out as the centre of attraction and enhances Her beauty. Spotlights are used to highlight the faces of the deities. Dont you think the redness of the frame has come out very well?

The contest requires us to nominate five fellow bloggers so as to spread the word. I have chosen them very carefully, and hope they would enjoy participating in this contest!

Sushmita of My Unfinished Life
Santosh Chandran of Lightscapes
Joshi Daniel of Joshi Daniel Photography
Nabhonil Basu of Kamara Syndrome
Abhishek Majumder of Tactile Thoughts

And last but not the least, if this contest interest you, just participate!! The last date of participation is 29th August, 2012 - there's hardly any time left!! Check out their Facebook page too!

42 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

Spectacular & amazing captures Anupama !

My Unfinished Life said...

the white one is most interesting for me :)

SG said...

Beautiful photos. Glad you are able to relive your travel experience. Good luck to you in this contest.

Arti said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures, Anupama! I am so happy to hear that you were inspired by my post :)

My favorites are yellow, white and red. Different choices, loved them! Good Luck to you :)

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Mr Ramakrishnan,
Thanks a lot. Which one did you like best?

@Star,
It may not be a great photo, but an unique idea indeed.

@SG,
Thanks and indeed.. so many memories rushed back!

@Arti,
Without you, I would not have come to know of this contest at all!!! I love your entry for Yellow too.

My favourite in this selection is the blue one, but no one seems to think so. :(

Confused Soul said...

wahaaoo these are amazing photos Anu.. Love the serene blue and chandelier's pic.. :D

AmitAag said...

Fabulous pics Anupama:) I liked blue the most:)

ashok said...

lovely selection of photos!

Unknown said...

The red and yellow are my fave. This is such a interesting contest for photographers :)

Seema said...

Beautiful pics Anupama

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Soul,
Thanks. The chandelier is impressive just by its size!

@Amit-ji.
Finally someone agrees with my choice!

@Ashok,
Thanks dear.

@Ghazala,
Yes, indeed!

@Seema,
Thanks and welcome here.

magiceye said...

Good on you Anupama for the wonderful selection!

best wishes for the contest!

Anupama K. Mazumder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Magiceye,
Thanks dear!!
And.. same to you!!

Saru Singhal said...

This is interesting and a visual treat. I loved the green :)

Anu said...

Great choice of photos..My personal favourite was the golden chandelier! With that dim light settings, it's a big challenge to capture them...you've done it so well!!

Rajesh said...

Fantastic images, very colorful.

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Saru,
At last someone likes the green!

@Vaish,
Thanks, dear. You know, I had just a second to click it, because of the rush inside the pandal.

@Rajesh,
Thanks!

Anjali said...

Nice pictures .. Red one is beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and nice theme

thanks for sharing

Amruta Marwah said...

Beautiful pictures... This was my first time at your blog and these photos simply cheered me for the rest of the day... Loved the one with the chandelier, the light effect is amazing :)

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Anjali,
Thanks for liking it.

@Krishna,
My pleasure!

@Amruta,
Your lovely words cheered me up too!

joshi daniel said...

very nice set :)

Clara Turbay said...

nice and simple!

vasrao@gmail.com said...

All ur snaps for the contest are very apt for the colours they represent !Good Luck !

ashok said...

http://ashokism.blogspot.in/2012/09/totally-tagged.html

checkout Anu...a long pending job finally done :)

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Joshi,
When it comes from you, it means a lot!

@Clara,
Thanks dear.

@Vasu,
You really think so? Wow!

@Ashok,
Finally!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures..... I am acquainted with some of them and its an unspeakable pleasure to come across them unexpectedly :) ....

Shilpi Dutta said...

Wow......That was something!!! Marvelous Anu!!

Panchali said...

Stunning pics, Anupama :) I guess, that's the Maddox Square's chandelier!!
Loved the colorful blog...:))

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Samik,
Which ones?

@Shilpi,
Thanks!!

@Panchali,
Nope,that one is from Ekdalia Evergreen. This post is all about colours, isnt it?

Santosh Namby said...

Dear Anupama, first of all let me thank you for nominating me. I am humbled by your comments and you choosing me. I was unable to participate as I have not been online for a while, so lost out on the date.
I loved your photos. For me, the blue one with the spot if the white moon and the red with Durga puja and the Mother are the best....
Thanks for sharing ....

Trotter said...

Hi Anupama! It has been a long absence, but things have been a bit hard: father 95, mother almost 91 doing radiotherapy, wife broke right elbow and I’m consuming some much needed holidays to take care of all this...

Fabulous colours!!

As far as Blogtrotter Two is concerned, it seems nobody is interested in St. Kitts, so maybe I should try something else. Anyhow, enjoy and have a great week or better a vacation, if still available!!!

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@ Santa(Santosh),
Your missing out on the contest is actually a loss for the competition.

@Trotter,
I hope things sort out for the better at your end. My prayers.

And of course, I am among many who are interested in St. Kitts!

Irfanuddin said...

colorful post....i think the one chosen for yellow is the best....

Amit Ganguly said...

Wonderful thoughts well complimented by the snaps !!

R. Ramesh said...

boss it ws gr8 talking to u..still feeling sad i could not catch up with u while in del..lets wish better luck next time..and this post-pixs as everyone mentioned here is fabulous

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Irfanuddin,
Thanks.. the impact created by the yellow chandelier is indeed great!

@Amit,
Thanks for reading through.

@ Ramesh,
Indeed a bad miss, my friend. Are you back to Dubai?

R. Ramesh said...

ya back in dubai anupama..do visit

Carver said...

Very beautiful shots.

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

@Ramesh,
Coming over shortly!

@Carver,
Thanks for your appreciation. Means a lot!

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos